The ACTION star© is a graphic representation of six key policy actions that the IEA-RETD recommends for successful acceleration of renewable energy deployment. It is a simple tool for policy makers to develop and analyze a portfolio of policies to support renewable energy.·
- Alliance building to lead the paradigm change·
- Communicating and creating awareness on all levels·
- Target setting at all levels of government·
- Integrating renewables into institutional, economic, social and technical decision making processes·
- Optimizing policy instruments·
- Neutralizing disadvantages and misconceptions
The IEA Renewable Energy Technology Deployment (IEA-RETD) Implementing Agreement is one of a number of Implementing Agreements on renewable energy under the framework of the International Energy Agency (IEA).
IEA-RETD was officially launched in September 2005 with five founding members. Current members of the IEA-RETD are Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, and United Kingdom.
Knowledge & Learning
Low Carbon Development
|Scope / Extension|
Sub-national, Project, & Local/Community level
|Spatial / Geographical Coverage Location|
|File Size (for download)|
|Facilitated Learning Avalable|